Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Grilled Steak

http://www.recipetips.com/kitchen-tips/t--906/beef-cooking-times.asp

Tonight, we had steak on the grill, my favorite!  We are definitely in the summer season here, where I live in Raleigh, NC, it was a scorching 97 degrees today!  I always think of grilling when the weather is like this.  My husband thinks I'm crazy because it is so hot, and wonders why I would want to be outside to cook, but I love it!

I found this article because I was looking for the amount of time I needed to cook the steak on each side.  I buy most of my grilling meat at BJ's because I think their meat is really good and reasonably priced.  The packages are big and have a lot of pieces in them, but I will use it to make two different meals and freeze the rest for later.  But it is perfect if you are having friends over for a summer party.  The cut that I got is called beef eye round.  It did not have nutritional information on the package, but I did a search on the WW site and was able to find one that went by ounces, and the one I had was 5 oz and it was 5pp.  It is basically 1pp per oz.

I put the pieces that we were going to eat in a Ziploc bag, sprinkled them on both sides with grill seasoning, and poured a little Dale's Steak Seasoning into the bag for the amount of time it took to heat up the grill, like 10 minutes or so.  The chart on this article for beef grilled on medium-high heat says for all other types of steak (mine was 1 in. thick, and we like ours cooked medium well) to cook it for 8-10 minutes on each side.  I cooked it for 8 minutes on each side and it was absolutely perfect!

The obvious sides for this meal would be baked potatoes, roasted potatoes, veggies, a salad, etc.  I cooked potatoes in the microwave by poking holes in them and just putting them in for 5 minutes.  The potatoes I used were really small, that's why 5 minutes was long enough.  It is 2pp for a small potato, 4pp for a medium and 5pp for a large. 

Today I did cardio and weights at the Y.

No comments:

Post a Comment