Saturday, June 11, 2011

Grilled Pork Chops

http://allrecipes.com/HowTo/grilling-times-for-pork/Detail.aspx

http://www.recipetips.com/kitchen-tips/t--907/pork-cooking-times.asp

I kind of used both of these sites together to figure out how to grill the perfect pork chop!  I use the really small, thin pork chops for a lot of things, but when I want I grilled pork chop, I want the really big fat ones!  The technical term for them is thick cut, however.  I did actually measure the thickness of the ones I got and they were 1 in. in thickness.  I trimmed off the fat around the edges, sprinkled them with grill seasoning, put them in a Ziploc bag and poured in a little KC Masterpiece Hot & Spicy BBQ sauce, which isn't too spicy, but it does have a little kick.  You can use your favorite sauce.  You can marinate them for as long as you like, but I didn't do it until maybe 30 minutes before I was about to grill them.  I always try to take my meat out of the refrigerator while the grill is heating up.  I have watched a lot of Food Network, and all the chefs tell you to do that so that the meat can come up to room temperature so that the meat will not seize up when you put it on the grill and become tough.  I grilled mine for 10 minutes on each side and they were tender, juicy and grilled to perfection!  Check the nutritional information on the chops you get, but the ones I got were 6pp for 4oz.  The one I ate was about 6 oz., so it was 8pp.

I have been using the frozen steamer bags of vegetables that steam in the bag in the microwave even before I started WW.  And, I have been seeing in the grocery store all these ones with sauce in them.  I have been completely overlooking them because I assumed that with the sauce it would be too many pp.  But, I checked a few of them out at the store, and they actually aren't that bad!  So, last night we had Green Giant Roasted Potatoes with Broccoli and Cheese Sauce, yum!!!  It's your starch and veggie all in one and you don't even have to do anything but throw it in the microwave!  There were 4 servings in the bag, so my husband and I each had 2.  It was 3pp for 1 serving and 6pp for the 2 servings that we had.  Which, I didn't think was too bad for basically 2 side dishes in one!

This morning I walked outside to enjoy that the weather was finally a little cooler and not 90 degrees at 7am!

No comments:

Post a Comment