Sunday, June 12, 2011

Beef Fajitas

http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/beef-fajitas-69080.aspx

I made these last night and they are awesome!  I used the eye round steak that I used to make the grilled steaks and I had frozen the ones I didn't use to grill.  I only used 1/4 cup of the dressing, and I used fat free instead of light because I already had it from another recipe I recently made.  I used 8 Ole' High Fiber Low Carb Wheat Tortillas instead of 16 small flour because the wheat ones I get are only 1pp and I figured you could fit more into the bigger ones the less you used.  When I calculated the pp using the online recipe builder, I left out the cheese, sour cream and salsa because they can be considered optional.  If you add some to yours just count them separately.  I didn't marinate the steak as long as they said in the recipe and it was still good.  I just put the meat and the dressing in a Ziploc bag to marinate it.  I didn't discard the marinade, I just poured it all into the pan to cook.  Once the steak was done, I took it out and put it in a bowl, but I left the dressing in the pan and put the peppers and onions in to cook, then added the steak back in to heat up.  I warmed the tortillas a little in the microwave and put 1/2 cup of steak mixture into each tortilla.  I did top each of mine with a little cheese, light sour cream and salsa.  These are 7pp for 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment