Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Cinderella's Closet

http://www.christmethodist.org/article/cinderellas-closet-its-not-just-about-the-dress/

Since I've been losing weight, I've kind of lost count of how many times I've had to clean out my closet.  I believe it has been 4 times, but I'm not completely sure.  We are also trying to get our house ready to put on the market, so yesterday I made one more round.  In an earlier post, I said that I donated some clothes to Interact and I did that again yesterday.  I also had some beautiful bridesmaids dresses that are too big for me now, but I couldn't just give them to Goodwill.  I felt like I really wanted them to go to a good cause.  I searched online around January or February to try to find a place before prom season when I knew that girls would be looking.  But I couldn't find anything that was even in NC.  So, when I was dropping off my stuff at Interact, I just happened to ask the girl taking my stuff and she told me about Cinderella's closet.  It is a non-profit organization run through Christ Methodist Church in Chapel Hill that searches for donations of dresses to be worn to proms.  They give the dresses to underprivileged girls who otherwise wouldn't be able to go to prom much less afford a dress.  So, this seemed like an amazing cause to me, and I felt great about donating my dresses to them.  If you have any that you would like to donate, please do! 

No comments:

Post a Comment