Monday, July 2, 2012

Sausage and Cheese Muffins

https://sites.google.com/site/plainchicken/sausage-and-cheese-muffins?tmpl=%2Fsystem%2Fapp%2Ftemplates%2Fprint%2F&showPrintDialog=1

All I can say about these muffins is Oh My Goodness!!!!!  If you like sausage balls, these muffins are your crack!!  They are 4pp each, and honestly, I couldn't believe it when I put the recipe into the recipe builder!  I used Jimmy Dean's hot breakfast sausage, heart smart bisquick, 1 bag of Kraft 2% shredded cheddar, but WW mexican cheese would be great also.  I've made these using fat free buttermilk, skim milk and water, and honestly they are just as good all three ways!!  Make sure your bowl is huge because it is really hard to mix without getting it all over the place if not.  It's a lot easier to mix if you mix the soup and the liquid you choose to use together first.  Then add the bisquick and mix well.  Then add the cheese and cooled sausage.  Spray your muffin tin with PAM.

I used regular sized muffin pans and was able to make 24.  I use a medium sized cookie scooper to measure the batter into the muffin tin.  If you use mini muffin pans, they'll be the size of sausage balls, just use a small cookie scooper, and this would be perfect for a party/brunch/shower, etc.  It would probably make about 48 mini muffins that would be 2pp each.  These muffins reheat really well.  I haven't tried freezing them, but DO NOT THROW the left overs away!!  I'm sure you could half the recipe if you didn't want all 24 muffins.

No comments:

Post a Comment