Monday, July 9, 2012

Summer Garden Pasta

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/summer-garden-pasta-recipe/index.html

I LOVE tomatoes, especially fresh ones that are still hot from the sun right out of the garden.  I personally kill any plant that I try to grow, so I have to get all my produce elsewhere.  But, if you do have a garden, this recipe is a great use up for all of those little delicious cherry tomatoes!  You could probably get away with only 3 pints instead of 4 :).  I reduced the olive oil to 1/4 cup and it was still plenty.  I LOVE garlic also, but the next time I make this recipe, I'll definitely cook the garlic first to take some of the bite out of it.  You must use fresh basil in this recipe, dried just won't do!  I did use whole wheat spaghetti and reduced fat Parmesan, and only used 1/2 cup.  1 serving, the recipe makes 6, is 7pp each. 

No comments:

Post a Comment