Monday, September 19, 2011

Potato Cheese Soup

http://www.weightwatchers.com/util/prt/recipe.aspx?Type=1&RecipeID=86541

The weather near me has been chilly recently, so it is definitely getting me in the mood for fall.  When I think of fall, I think of comfort food, and what's a better one than soup?  Especially one that doesn't take like it's low in fat but it is!  Instead of the paprika and dry mustard, I use poultry seasoning.  It has a lot of flavor and adds a lot to this soup.  I use an immersion blender instead of pureeing it in batches in a blender or food processor.  It is definitely less messy this way.  I make this soup a lot with grilled cheese.  My grilled cheese is only 3pp!  Get the lowest pp wheat bread you can find, WW bread and Sara Lee Delightful are only 2pp for 2 slices.  Fat free sliced cheese is 1pp for 2 slices.  I spray my pan with PAM, spray each piece of bread with PAM and butter spray and cook each side until golden brown.  You could also have a side salad with your soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment