Sunday, September 25, 2011

One-Pan Chicken and Potato Bake

http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/one-pan-chicken-potato-bake-52564.aspx

It doesn't get any easier than throwing everything into a baking dish & turning on the oven!  I used boneless skinless chicken breasts because I already had some, and I cut them into 3-4 pieces because they were really big.  I used fat free zesty italian dressing and reduced fat grated parmesan cheese.  I didn't have any italian seasoning, so I just sprinkled both sides of my chicken and the potatoes with grill seasoning and poultry seasoning.  I sprinkled the seasonings on the chicken and potatoes first, then I sprinkled them with the cheese and then I poured the dressing over top.  The dressing kept it moist, and the cheese on top gave both the chicken and the potatoes a nice crust as they cooked.  Some of the comments said that the chicken didn't have a lot of flavor, and they may have been because the recipe only called for a teaspoon of italian seasoning.  I found that it had a good flavor!  I don't see why this recipe wouldn't also work in the crock pot, though the cheese may not work well in there and the potatoes would be more boiled than crispy.  You can just weigh out 4 oz of chicken which is 3pp, and 1/2 cup of potatoes is 2pp.

No comments:

Post a Comment