Thursday, January 26, 2012

Taco Stuffed Shells

http://blogchef.net/taco-stuffed-shells-recipe/

I made this last night and it was awesome!!!  I used 96%/4% extra lean ground beef, the leanest I have found.  You could also substitute ground turkey or chicken or turkey sausage, but it will not change the pp.  I used reduced sodium taco seasoning, 1/3 less fat cream cheese & only 1 cup of 2% shredded cheddar.  You could also use the WW Mexican blend.  I left out the chips also.  I was able to use 18 shells instead of just 12, so it lowers the pp to 3pp each.  I also did not toss the shells in butter after they were cooked.  After they were drained, I just put them out gently on paper towels to dry off and cool a little so I could stuff them.  I actually made these a little bit ahead of dinner time, put them in the fridge and when I was ready to cook them, I just put them in the oven while it was preheating and set the timer for 30 minutes once it was preheated.  If you add sour cream, just add pp for the amount you use.  I ate 3 shells and was full.  My husband ate more, as husbands often do :), but there's plenty left over to either eat for lunches, another dinner later in the week, or to freeze.

No comments:

Post a Comment