Thursday, January 19, 2012

Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken

http://www.chef-in-training.com/2011/07/slow-cooker-bbq-chicken.html

I made this last night and it was awesome!  I didn't use a whole bottle of BBQ sauce, I only used a cup.  It was spicy, so if you wanted to lower the heat level a little you could use less crushed red pepper flakes.  I shredded my chicken when it was done, and weighed it on a food scale.  4 oz of chicken is 7pp.  The next time I make this I will probably add a little water to thin it out a little bit.  It wasn't dry though.  You could definitely make this for a group and serve it on wheat rolls (3pp) or on sliders for a party.

To go with the chicken, I made Too-EZ Mac 'n Cheese, which I have already posted.  I have heard of brown rice pasta, but I had never looked for it at the grocery store.  I saw some when I was shopping so I decided to get some to try.  I used it in this recipe and it was good!
http://www.hungry-girl.com/show/comfortably-yum-too-ez-mac-n-cheese-recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment