Monday, January 9, 2012

Pimento Cheese Dip Recipe

http://www.laaloosh.com/2011/08/22/pimento-cheese-dip-recipe/

I used 2% sharp shredded cheddar and 1/2 cup of 1/3 less fat cream cheese instead of 1/4 cup fat free and 1/4 reduced fat.  I already had in my fridge a container of fat free plain Greek yogurt with a package of fiesta ranch dressing mix mixed in, so I just used that instead of the mayo.  I used fresh garlic instead of garlic powder.  This recipe tastes amazing!!!  I love pimento cheese and I have been eating it all my life.  I am not a fan of mayo, and there's a restaurant near me that has a mayo free version that is awesome.  This recipe is a very close second, and I'm glad to have found something that I know for sure the pp value of, and that it is so low!  I will be making this as a sandwich for lunch a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment