Monday, January 9, 2012

Quick Italian Spinach Pie

http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/quick-italian-spinach-pie-53813.aspx

This recipe could not be easier.  It is basically a quiche.  I used plain nonfat Greek yogurt instead of cottage cheese, mostly because I don't like cottage cheese, but also Greek yogurt has a lot more protein and a lot less fat and calories.  You could also use part skim ricotta.  Next time I make this, I will probably use a fresh bell pepper and cook it before I add it, to me the roasted red peppers made it sweet.  I used reduced fat Parmesan.  I did add some salt and pepper and some grated fresh garlic.  But you could also add onion or really any other veggies you'd like to add to the volume.  But, when I put the mixture into my pie pan, it was completely full!  You could also add some more protein like ham or ground sausage or anything you'd like, it would just obviously add to the pp value.  We had this for dinner, but you could definitely serve this for breakfast, brunch or lunch also.  You could certainly entertain with this quiche and no one would ever know it was low in fat and calories.   It is also very filling.  If you do the 8 servings that the recipe suggests, it is only 3pp!  But, I did 6 servings and it is still only 4pp!!  I had a salad with it, but honestly it wasn't needed.  I'll probably be having leftovers tomorrow morning for breakfast!

No comments:

Post a Comment