Thursday, April 21, 2011

Weighing In

I’ve currently been doing WW for almost 9 months.  I went to my very first meeting on a Thursday, and that is still my weigh in day.  I didn’t really see any reason to change it.  Since I have been doing it for so long, it would make sense that I had it down and wouldn’t really need to go to meetings every week.  I don’t go to meetings EVERY week, but I try to make it a habit to go most of the time.  The meetings are helpful.  You get to hear about other people’s struggles, sometimes you can help and sometimes others help you.  Sometimes you’ll get a new recipe from the leader.  Sometimes someone will tell the group about some awesome product that they’ve found that you may not have otherwise heard about.

For me, whether or not I attend the meeting, I go to my WW site and weigh in.  I need the consistency and the routine.  I need to know on Thursday, after I weigh in, whichever way the scale has gone that week, that I have one week to make a difference in it for the next weigh in.  It encourages me to keep going.  I have to stand in front of a person and have them tell me the results of my previous week.

I weigh myself every day at home.  WW discourages that.  They only want you to weigh on your weigh in day at WW.  That is because your weight fluctuates throughout the day and the week, and the kind of net result is what happens after a week.   They also tell you to go to the meeting at the same time on your weigh in day so that it is a constant.  They even tell you to wear the same thing each week so your clothes will not make a difference.  I’ve seen people take off their shoes, socks, watch, glasses, anything they can!  The reason I weigh myself at home every day is so I’m not surprised by what I see when I go to WW to weigh in.  If I’m down from the day before, that encourages me to keep pushing and doing what I’m doing.  If I’m up, it makes me push even harder.  It encourages me for that day to make better choices than I did the day before.  It makes me look at what I did the day before to see what I can change that day to make the scale go down the next day.

Today I weighed in and lost another 2 lbs, so I’m .8 away from losing a total of 70 lbs!

This morning, I took a muscle class at the Y that was really hard!

We’re eating out tonight, so I’m not cooking dinner, so there’s no recipe to share today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment