Monday, April 18, 2011

Crock Pot Chicken Stroganoff

This is in my crock pot cooking away for our dinner tonight!  This recipe is so good and so easy to make!  I got this recipe from a WW friend, but I don't know where she got the recipe.  I did run it through the WW online recipe builder to make sure the pp values are correct.

Ingredients:

2 cans of 98% fat free cream of mushroom soup (I tried using 1 can and the sauce wasn't thick enough.)
1 packet of dry onion soup mix
1 container of sliced mushrooms (I don't personally like mushrooms, so I omit this from the recipe)
1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 4 small or 3 medium or 2 large chicken breasts)
1/2 cup of light sour cream (fat free sour cream would reduce the pp, but I like using light better)
1 bag of Whole Grain Egg Noodles

Instructions:
Mix the cream of mushroom soup, dry onion soup mix and the mushrooms (if you are using them) in the crock pot sleeve.  Push the chicken breasts into the mixture so they are covered.  Cook on low for 4 hours.  Take the chicken breasts out of the crockpot and in a bowl, shred them using 2 forks.  Put the chicken back in the crock pot with the sauce, add the sour cream and mix well.  Boil the noodles until they are done.

About 1 cup of the sauce and chicken mixture is 4pp.  About 1 and 1/4 cups of noodles (about 1/6th of the bag which is a serving size) is 5pp.  So total one serving would be 9pp.  This recipe makes about 6 servings, so you'll definitely have leftovers or even better, invite over some friends to enjoy it with you, I guarantee they will never be able to tell that what they are eating is low fat!

Today I did the elliptical at the Y for 45 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment