Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Updated Shepherd's Pie

http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/updated-shepherds-pie-69212.aspx

I use russet potatoes instead and peel them.  I use the leanest beef I can find 96%/4%.  If you get the family size bag of steamer veggies, it is the right amount and you can just cook them in the microwave before you add them to the sauce.  I put all the cheese on top instead of stirring some into the potato mixture.  I use a 11X7 inch pan instead of an 8X8 because since it's bigger it makes the pieces seem bigger, but a 9X13 is too big because it makes the mixture spread out and makes it thinner.  I just let the pie cool a little after it's cooked and slice it into 6 equal slices instead of measuring it out.  It is 8pp per serving.

This recipe is really good and really easy to make, you'll never make a shepherd's pie any other way!

This morning I took a sports class at the Y.

No comments:

Post a Comment