Monday, April 25, 2011

Crab Dip

http://www.weightwatchers.com/util/prt/recipe.aspx?Type=1&RecipeID=224481

This is an awesome WW recipe that I made yesterday to take to my in-law's for Easter.  It got eaten very quickly, mostly by me because it was so good!  I did make a few changes.  Because I was making it for a big group, I went ahead and put in a whole 8 oz pkg of cream cheese.  I also used a whole small container of the Greek yogurt, which is about 2/3 cup.  I used garlic instead of onion, about 5 good sized cloves, because I really like garlic and my husband's family is Italian!  I got a bagged package of lump crab meat in the seafood counter, and it was 6 oz, which a little less than 1/2 lb.  I added extra hot pepper sauce, salt and pepper.  I got the sherry at Total Wine, I asked for help and they showed me where it was, and I told them I just wanted the smallest and cheapest bottle, and I ended up getting one that was $8.99.  The sherry I bought was clear, so you could probably just use some dry white wine if you have it.  They do not sell sherry at the ABC store or the Wal-mart that I go to.  I brought along some Fritos scoops and some baked tortilla scoops, but you could also serve it with cut up pieces of french bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment