Friday, April 29, 2011

Crock Pot London Broil

On Monday, I was feeling really guilty about all that I ate on Sunday for Easter.  For that matter, for what I ate from Thursday to Sunday!  When I stepped on the scale on Sunday morning, I was lower than I had ever been before, about a pound and a half below what I was when I weighed in on Thursday of last week.  When I weighed myself on Monday morning, I was 2 pounds up from where I was last Thursday!  I was very mad at myself for just eating so crazy over the weekend.  Yesterday, when I weighed in at WW, I lost exactly 3 pounds from the week before, giving me a total lost of 72.2 pounds!  This just reiterates my statement on an earlier blog that your body is going to lose what it wants to lose when it wants to lose it.  Even though I totally over ate over the weekend I still lost this week and met a pretty amazing goal of getting below 70 pounds total lost.  I am very excited, but I am going to try not to let this over eating and still losing get the best of me and try to get right back on track.  After all, I'm still not done losing!

My neighbor, Kyle who is a personal trainer/group fitness instructor and we all workout together daily, found an article that said if you do a 5 minute warm up, then lift weights and then do cardio that you will burn more fat.  So, we tried that yesterday and today and we really liked it.  She has been unable to locate the exact article that she read again, but when I did a Google search, I came up with a bunch of articles about that topic.  I guess we'll see next week at my weigh in if it made any difference for me.

I am trying a new recipe today in my crock pot that another neighbor shared with me.

I cut up 1 small onion into chunks and put it on the bottom of my crock pot.  Then, I seasoned my London broil with salt, pepper & rosemary on both sides and put it on top of the onion.  I poured 1 can of 98% fat free cream of celery soup on top of the meat (my neighbor suggested that I use cream of mushroom, but I decided to try something different).  I surrounded the meat with 1 lb of fingerling potatoes.  I am cooking it on low for 6 hours.  It turned out really well!  4 oz. of the beef is 4pp & 1/2 cup of the potatoes is 2pp.  You could serve this with a salad or veggies on the side.  You can also put carrots in the bottom with the onion & you could also just put the potatoes on the bottom.  You could add water instead of soup in the bottom with the veggies or beef broth.  The possibilities are definitely endless.

No comments:

Post a Comment