Monday, April 25, 2011

Low-and-Slow Sloppy Joes

This is in my crock pot cooking right now for our dinner tonight!  It is a really good and easy recipe.  I got it out of a WW cookbook that I borrowed from my best friend Kelly.

This recipe makes 6 sloppy joes.

1 lb lean ground beef (I use 96/4% which is the leanest I have found)
1 14 1/2 oz. can diced tomatoes
1 small onion chopped
1 celery stalk chopped (can be omitted)
3 Tbsp packed brown sugar
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp salt
6 whole-wheat sandwich or hamburger rolls, split (the lowest pp you can find, mine are Nature's Own wheat and they are 3pp, sandwich thins are also a good choice, they are also 3pp)

Brown & crumble the beef in a large non-stick skillet.  I also add a little salt & pepper to the beef while it is cooking.  Drain the beef.  Add it to the crock pot along with the rest of the ingredients except the rolls and mix well.  Cover and cook for 3-4 hours on high or 6-8 hours on low.  Toast the rolls and spoon 1/2 cup of the beef mixture into each roll.

You can serve these with a salad, baked chips, homemade baked fries or frozen baked fries.

This is 4 pp for 1/2 cup of sauce and then add the pp for the rolls you use and your sides.

Today I did 20 minutes on the elliptical and 25 minutes of weights with my "personal" personal trainer Kyle Furlow.

No comments:

Post a Comment