Monday, November 7, 2011

Make-Ahead Unstuffed Shells

http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/make-ahead-unstuffed-shells-128138.aspx

I made this recipe last night and it was awesome!  I used whole grain pasta.  You could substitute 1/3 less fat cream cheese, but it will not change the pp.  I used dried basil, reduced fat Parmesan and 1 cup of part skim mozzarella cheese.  In the Kraft kitchen tips, it says you can add an onion and a pepper, which I did.  It also gives you the steps to bake immediately if you don't want to make it ahead of time.  I made it the morning that I was baking it.  After I stirred the creme, basil and Parmesan into the pasta, I added a little sauce mixture.  I put a little sauce on the bottom of the pan, topped it with the pasta mixture, put the rest of the sauce on top of the pasta, and then added the cheese on top.  It turned out great!!  The recipe suggests 6 servings, which is 13pp, which seems like a lot, but it is very filling, and would be great to serve if you had people over, and no one would ever know it was low fat.  If you divide into 8 servings, it brings it down to 10pp.  You could also serve this with a salad with fat free or light dressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment