Monday, August 22, 2011

Slow-Cooker BBQ Pork Sandwiches

http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/slow-cooker-bbq-pork-sandwiches-107282.aspx

I made this for dinner tonight, and it was awesome, and so easy!  It made so much I had to share with my neighbors because I knew we'd get tired of eating the leftovers.  I know you can freeze it, but my freezer is full right now!  I had to get a 5 lb boneless pork shoulder because they didn't have any smaller ones at the grocery store, but I trimmed it of all fat and cut it in half.  I used half for tonight and I froze the other half to use next time I make this recipe.  I thought the 3 onions was a little over board because it filled up my crock pot, but they cooked down so much, I'm glad I used them all.  I calculated the pp, and to make it 8 servings, it is 5pp for 1/2 cup of meat.  It tasted so good that you don't even need to put it on a roll, but if you want to make it a sandwich, just use the lowest pp value bread you can find.  I used a whole wheat hamburger bun which is 3pp, but a sandwich thin or any other wheat low pp bread would work.  I didn't add cheese to mine to save the pp, but fat free sliced cheese is only 1pp.  So, if you put it on a bun and added cheese it would be 9pp total.  Definitely have some friends over when you make this recipe unless you have a big family!

1 comment:

  1. A great recipe idea was came from the brilliant mind of the Chefs. If you have this kind of Chefs anything is possible. And this site site have this Chefs are www.gourmandia.com, www.gourmetrecipe.com, www.foodiamond.com and etc. its to lot to mention dawg. lol

    ReplyDelete