Saturday, August 27, 2011

Classic Stuffed Peppers

http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/classic-stuffed-peppers-52970.aspx

My mom brought me a huge bag full of home grown, fresh out of the garden, beautiful little bell peppers that a friend had brought to her.  I love peppers anyway, but to me, peppers are never better than when they are out of someone's garden.  I'm not sure what they do to them at the grocery store, but they just don't taste the same.  You can actually smell the fresh ones!  I shared a bunch, and had so many left over, that I looked for a recipe that I could use a lot of them at once.  I found this stuffed pepper recipe, made it last night, and it was delicious!  My peppers were so small that I was able to make 11 stuffed peppers, and the recipe calls for 4 large ones!  When I put the recipe into the online WW recipe calculator, using anywhere between 10 and 12 peppers, they are 3pp.  If you use 4 large, they are 8pp per pepper, but you will likely only be able to eat one because they are so filling.  I ate 2 small ones and was really full.

I used 96/4% extra lean ground beef, the leanest I can find.  I just used 2 cups of homemade marinara sauce because I had some from another recipe I made recently, but I don't think using store bought marinara or the tomato sauce would change the pp much.  I didn't use the dressing mix, but I'm sure it would be good with it, it was good without it, but seasonings don't usually have pp, so I don't think it would add to the pp.  I used 2 cups of brown rice, just 1 bag of boil in bag rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment