Sunday, August 28, 2011

Chicken & Biscuits

http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/chicken-biscuits-111306.aspx

This is what I made for dinner tonight!  I used 98% fat free cream of celery soup, because I don't like cream of chicken, but any 98% fat free condensed soup would work.  I used 1/2 cup total of light sour cream, 1/4 cup in the chicken mixture and 1/4 cup in the biscuit mixture to lower to pp.  I used a family size package of frozen mixed vegetables that was 19 oz.  I got the steam in bag kind so I just cooked them in the microwave based on the package instructions.  I used 2% cheese, heart smart Bisquick and skim milk.  I cut up the chicken and cooked it in a skillet and once it was done I added the soup, sour cream, veggies and cheese and stirred to combine.  I then added that mixture to the casserole dish and put it in the fridge for a few hours because I made it a little ahead of time.  Then right before I made it I mixed up the biscuits and put them on top and baked them.  It was 7pp for 1/6th of the casserole.  This recipe is very similar to the Cheesy Chicken Pot Pie, which I think I like better, but this was still a good recipe to try, especially if you are a fan of Chicken & Biscuits!

No comments:

Post a Comment