Sunday, May 1, 2011

Wonton Madness

If you have not done so yet, you MUST visit Hungry Girl's website & sign up for her daily emails.  I look at the emails & just see if anything sounds good to me and I try it.  It all has the WW pp on it, so you know right away if it is low enough for you, but all of her stuff is either low in calories or fat or both.  This is one of the emails that I got when I first signed up for her list:

http://www.hungry-girl.com/weighin/show/1942

I have tried the first two & I'm trying the third one today, but they all look so good to me.  They are really easy to make, it is just a little tricky finding the wontons.  They are in the refrigerated part of the produce section where the tofu & bottled salad dressings are.

For the first recipe, don't be scared of the canned chicken.  I was really nervous about it and you could definitely just use regular cooked chicken, but if you drain the canned chicken and rinse it a little, you really can't tell a difference.  I just used regular salsa instead of the salsa verde & canned corn instead of frozen.

For the third recipe that I am going to try today, I'm going to substitute ricotta for the feta because I don't really like feta.

In looking for the page to add to the blog of the email that I had received, I found this also:
http://www.hungry-girl.com/newsletters/raw/1464
2 other wonton recipes that look good & I can't wait to try them!

No comments:

Post a Comment