Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Lunch Help


Another struggle for me when I first started WW was what to have for lunch that wasn't too high in pp that I couldn't feel like I could have snacks in the afternoon and evening.  One obvious choice is leftovers from your dinner from the night before.  You already know how many pp it is, and you have to put it away anyway so just put it away already portioned out so you don't even have to think about it.

A salad (0pp) with either fat free (2 Tbsp is 1pp) or light dressing (2 Tbsp is 2pp) and some protein either on it or on the side is also a good choice.  Just count the amount of pp for the protein if you use any.

Sandwich Wraps-I use either the Ole High Fiber Low Carb tortillas (1pp) or the light Flat Outs, any flavor (2pp) or the lowest thing you can find to use.  I use either fat free cheese slices (1pp) or 1/3 less fat cream cheese, any flavor (1pp for a little less than 2 Tbsp) or laughing cow cheese, any flavor (1pp per wedge) and protein, either turkey (1pp for 4 slices) or ham (2pp for 3 slices), low sodium is the best.  Check on your package for the pp value and the serving because all the brands are different.  So, as you can see, the possibilities are endless, it is very filling and satisfying and easy to bring with you.  Have a side salad or one of my snack help ideas with it, and you have a full lunch!  So depending on which wrap, cheese and protein choice you choose, it will be between 3pp and 5pp for the entire wrap.

Grilled Cheese Sandwich!!  Use either Sandwich Thins, any brand or flavor (3pp), Sara Lee Delightful 45 Calorie bread (2pp for 2 pieces) or WW bread (2pp for 2 pieces) and fat free cheddar cheese slices (1pp for a serving) and protein if you want like turkey or ham & just get the pp from the package.  Spray a pan with PAM and warm it up.  Assemble your sandwich, spray the outside of the bread with PAM & then I Can't Believe It's Not Butter! spray and put it in the pan.  Let it brown on each side and allow the cheese to melt.  I usually eat 2 sandwiches because it is so low in pp.  So it would be between 3pp and 4pp depending on your bread choice and maybe a pp or 2 more if you add protein per sandwich.

Individual Pizzas-I use the Ole tortillas (1pp) or light Flat Outs (2pp), marinara sauce (0pp), turkey pepperoni (2pp for 17 pieces), part skim mozzarella (2pp for 1/3 cup), and you could add veggies on top if you want and spices like oregano and rosemary.  I eat the whole thing!  So if you use the Ole tortillas, total the pizza would be 5pp, or 6pp if you used the light Flat Outs.  That's REALLY low for a whole pizza!

Healthy Choice or any other frozen or already prepared meal.  Smart Ones and Healthy Choice already have the pp values on them.

Progresso Lite Soup-they come in a bunch of different flavors, they already have the pp on the can, and my husband almost eats one of them everyday, he says they are very good!

I hope this is able to at least help you get started with what to eat for lunch.

Today I did some weights and cardio at the Y.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Melissa! I've been doing WW since last March. I have lost 52.8 lbs. I reached my goal last week but I still want to lose 10 more lbs. I like your blog posts! Some people in my meeting this week had some good breakfast ideas - breakfast pizza was one. I may have to make that this weekend! Great job! Thanks for all the tips!

    ReplyDelete