Monday, May 16, 2011

Breakfast Help

One of my struggles when I initially started WW was what to eat for breakfast that was low enough in pp that I wouldn't  have a hard time the rest of the day because I ate too many pp for breakfast.  I also needed my breakfast to be filling because I am really hungry in the mornings because of my workouts.  So, here are some things that I have found have really helped me.

I usually eat a banana before I go to the gym.  Sometimes if I am really hungry or if I know my workout will be really hard, I'll eat Fiber One yogurt also which is 1pp.

I am a coffee drinker, which is also free!  I have found that sugar free creamer is the lowest in pp, 0 for 1 Tbsp, but I use more like 3 Tbsp which is only 1pp.  I have found french vanilla and hazelnut in sugar free.  I do not use any sweetener because the creamer is sweetened, but if you need it, just use something other than sugar, there are a bunch of different kinds of low calorie sweeteners out there.
Sugar Free or High Fiber Oatmeal-check your package but mine is 3pp for a package and it is very filling.  You could have a piece of fruit with it to make you feel like you are eating more, and fruit is free!

Fiber Plus Antioxidants Buttermilk or Chocolate Chip Waffles-2 are 4pp.  I spray some I can't believe it's not butter spray on mine and drizzle some sugar free syrup which is 1pp for 1/4 cup on top.  They are very filling and very satisfying.  I checked all the waffles at my grocery store, and these were the lowest in pp I found.

Eggs-high in protein and very filling, 2pp each.  I usually eat 2 and you could add fruit which is free.

Bagel thins, there are a bunch of different brands and flavors, but they are all 3pp.  I have found that the ones that are not wheat do not fill me up as well as the wheat ones because the wheat has more fiber.  I use 1/3 less fat cream cheese which is 1pp for a little less than a serving of 2 Tbsp.

English muffin-most are 3pp, but just check your package & peanut butter-the lowest pp you can find, but I have found so far that they are all about the same.  2 Tbsp is 5pp, 1 Tbsp is 3pp and 2 tsp is 2pp, so use as little as you can!  It is very filling and helps you get protein and fat that you need when you are working out.

Maybe this can at least get you started!

Today I did about 30 minutes of weights and about 30 minutes of cardio at the Y.

No comments:

Post a Comment