Friday, February 3, 2012

Oven Baked Chicken Fajitas

http://realmomkitchen.com/9318/oven-baked-chicken-fajitas/

I tried this recipe and it was really good!  You could probably substitute a packet of reduced sodium taco seasoning for the chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, oregano and salt, but I had all those spices on hand, so I just went ahead and used them.  I would drain the can of diced tomatoes with green chilies because I found that the mixture was a little watery once it was cooked.  The chicken and the veggies give off a little juice when cooked anyway, so it'll stay moist.  I used wheat tortillas; the ones I use are Ole' High Fiber Low Carb and are only 1pp each, so just count the amount for however many you eat and how much the ones you use are.  If you add any toppings, you'll need to add those pp, but obviously use 2% or fat free cheese, light or fat free sour cream, etc.  I tried to cook it a little longer than 25 minutes to see if some of the liquid would evaporate and the veggies would crisp a little, but it was done after 25 minutes.  It is 3pp for about 1/8th of the chicken and veggie mixture.

No comments:

Post a Comment