Monday, February 13, 2012

Oatmeal Zucchini Muffins

http://www.yummly.com/recipe/Oatmeal-Zucchini-Muffins-Food_com-101627

I made a recipe with zucchini in it, and I had a bunch of zucchini left over, so I decided to search for a muffin recipe to use it up.  I grew up eating zucchini nut bread, which I love!  But, I wanted to try to find a lighter muffin version.  This is what I found, and I thought they turned out great!  My son even ate them!  I actually didn't have any milk, but I had some almond milk so I used that.  If you've never tried it, it's a little sweeter than regular milk, and a little thicker.  When you add it to a recipe like this, you can't tell that it's not regular milk.  It doesn't make it taste different.  You MUST wring out the zucchini, really, really well before adding it.  I mean, it gives off a lot of water when you shred it!  These muffins are 4pp each.  I warmed up leftovers in the microwave for breakfast for a couple mornings after, and they were still good.

No comments:

Post a Comment