Monday, February 6, 2012

Easy Crockpot Potato Soup

This recipe is so easy and delicious!  I used fat free lower sodium chicken broth.  The recipe calls for 42 oz. of broth total, so I just got one large box and measured it out.  I don't like cream of chicken soup, so I used 98% fat free cream of celery, but cream of mushroom would be good also.  She said not to use fat free, but she didn't say anything about 1/3 less fat!  So, I tried it and it turned out great.  I was a little worried that it may not melt, but literally at the one hour mark of it being in there it melted completely and was very creamy.  I cooked it on low for 5 hours, then added the cream cheese for the 6th hour.  If you add any toppings, just add that to your pp.  It is 8pp for 5 2 cup servings.  It is very filling!

No comments:

Post a Comment