Thursday, February 2, 2012

Crock Pot Chicken Enchilada Soup

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/12/crock-pot-chicken-enchilada-soup.html

I tried this recipe, and it was really good, and so easy!  I had bought some chipotle in adobo for another recipe, so I just put the leftovers in a Ziploc bag and stuck it in the freezer.  When I was ready to use it for this recipe, I just took it out and cut off a couple inches to throw into the soup.  I don't like black beans, but I threw them in anyway, figuring that I could just eat around them since my husband likes them, but I actually ate them in this soup!  I used a can of corn instead of frozen.  My husband ate a couple of servings, but I only ate one and was full.  You could get some bread to serve with it, or a side salad.  You could also make some quick sammies like a grilled cheese, or some quesadillas.  Leftovers would be great to freeze and reheat for an easy dinner warm up, or for lunch, or have some friends over to help eat it up.  You could also drain out some of the liquid and wrap it up in a tortilla!

No comments:

Post a Comment