Saturday, December 10, 2011

Crock Pot Ham

I make this recipe all year long, literally, Easter, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, seriously anytime I'm having a big group of people over because it makes a lot of food, and everyone loves it!  It is the fastest easiest recipe you'll ever make, and the best part is, it only has three ingredients.  I got this recipe from my mom, and I'm not sure if she made it up, someone just told her about it or if she really had a recipe.  I also request this every year for my birthday.

I get the ham at the grocery store that says half ham.  Not the picnic ham or the spiral cut.  Put it in your crock pot with the flat side up, rub the flat side with a couple handfuls of brown sugar, pour a can of pineapple tidbits over the top, juice and all.  Cover your crock pot and cook it on low for 8 hours, and that's it!!!  Most of the time when I put my ham in, I have to cover it with tin foil because my lid won't cover it because the ham is so big.  As long as there is no steam escaping.  An 8-10 pound ham will feed a very big crowd, I would say up to 20 people or so.  If you want LOTS of leftovers, or to send some home with your guests, you can buy a bigger one.  The great thing about this kind of ham is that it has a couple month shelf life on it in the refrigerator.  So, if you know you're doing a party and you see it on sale, you can buy it early.

After 8 hours, take the ham out of the crock pot and let it cool off a little so you can handle it.  I pull off all the fat I can see.  You'll also have to pull out the bone.  You will not have to slice the ham, it falls completely apart.  So, just pull it apart, throw it on a platter, and serve!

It is 4pp for 3 oz. of ham.

No comments:

Post a Comment