Sunday, October 9, 2011

Cheesy Hash Brown Casserole

http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/cheesy-hash-brown-casserole-127218.aspx

I made this recipe this morning for some family that stayed over, and everyone loved it!  There was hardly any leftovers!  I used lower fat turkey bacon.  To thaw the hash browns, I just put them in the frozen bag in the refrigerator the night before, and they were completely thawed by this morning.  I used 98% fat free cream of mushroom soup, light sour cream and 2% shredded cheddar.  I added a little salt and pepper, and it was sooo good!  The recipe says it is 20 1/2 cup servings, but there is no way, unless you are having other stuff in addition to this for breakfast/brunch, that you can just eat 1/2 cup!  But, if you can restrain yourself 1/2 cup is only 2pp.  It is 5pp for a full cup.  It isn't quite as good, but a pretty close second to Cracker Barrel's hash brown casserole, just a little less cheesy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment