Monday, October 17, 2011

Cheddar-Chicken & Rice Skillet

http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/cheddar-chicken-rice-skillet-94522.aspx

I tried this recipe last night and it was really good!  I cut the chicken into bite sized pieces, sprayed a pan with PAM and cooked the chicken until it was done.  Then, I added the pepper and tomatoes and cooked them until they were done.  Then, I added fat free dressing instead of light.  I omitted the chicken broth because I thought it would make the dish too saucy, and I didn't cook the rice in the dish.  I cooked it separately so that I could add 1/4 portion to the top of the amount of rice I was going to use.  I use the 10-minute boil in bag brown rice (4pp for 1/2 bag, 8pp for a full bag).   I used the WW Mexican cheese, and I just added it in after the dressing and let it melt to get all gooey!  I left out the onions, because I didn't have any, but next time I would probably add them with the peppers.  I also added some salt, pepper and crushed red pepper.  The chicken mixture is 5pp for 1/4 of the skillet.

No comments:

Post a Comment