Monday, July 11, 2011

Chicken Stir-Fry

http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/chicken-stir-fry-50935.aspx

No offense to Kraft, because I LOVE their recipes, but I did make a lot of changes to this recipe, only for my personal preferences and to make it a little more WW friendly.

I got a bag of the frozen steam in the bag in the microwave veggies that was called Asian Medley.  The one I got had broccoli, carrots, baby cob corn and sugar snap peas, and the whole bag was right at 3 cups.  I didn't use the chicken strips, I just used regular chicken and cut it up.  I only used 1/4 cup of fat free dressing instead of adding the other 2 Tbsp.  I used lower sodium soy sauce.  Instead of garlic powder I used garlic cloves.  I added salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes to give it just a little kick.

I cooked the chicken on medium high heat with salt, pepper and crushed red pepper until it was done in a skillet.  I steamed the veggies like it said on the package.  I added the garlic with the chicken and cooked for a minute.  Then I added the veggies, the dressing and the soy sauce.

I changed it to 4 servings from 2.  It is 4pp for about a cup of the mixture.  I just added the amount of rice I was going to eat to that.  On some nights if I'm not really hungry or I don't have a lot of pp left for dinner, I may only use a half bag of brown rice (4pp).  Tonight I'm using a full bag of brown rice (8pp).

This dinner was really good, really easy to make and very filling!  It honestly tasted just like the Pei Wei Spicy Chicken that I got stock velveted on Saturday, except it was a lot less pp!

This morning I did an hour of cardio at the Y.

No comments:

Post a Comment